Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Another voice silenced

PEACE OUT:

Cindy Sheehan used this Memorial Day to announce that giving up her role as the face of the nation’s anti-war movement. 21-months after her son Casey was killed in Iraq, Ms. Sheehan posted in a resignation letter on Daily Kos that she has had enough with being smeared and ridiculed, and that she is calling it quits. Can you blame her? Quoting Ms. Sheehan:“I am going to take whatever I have left and go home. I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost.”

The above was reported at the DailyKos.

No matter what your opinion of Cindy Sheehan was.
She was a gold star mother who lost her son
in an illegal/undeclared war.

Everyone has their own way of grieving,
and no one knows how they would handle
the same situation until it happens to them.

Cindy handled hers with anger
and many others handle there's by believing
this was a just fight their children died for.

I know some who have handled the grief of losing
a child by withdrawing from the world.

Cindy Sheehan deserved more respect from the President then she received.
All he would have had to do was meet with her.
Let her scream her anger at him and get it out of her system.
Bill Clinton would have done that.

Instead Bush let the media portray her as some kind of crazy.
Well yeh, she was crazy, with grief.

I hope now she can come to peace with her grief and heal
and I hope the media will finally leave her alone.

No comments: