Friday, November 26, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
But too many people read my FB so I am putting them here.
She'll have to deal with it.
1.I have been married almost 52 years..but I am only 49 in GiGI years
2.I never have enough time in the day to get things done.
3. I am not crazy about cooking huge meals..but I do love to make Soup out of anything.
4. I hate lists like this, because I have secrets and they may slip out.
5. I have many friends..in different groups..But maintain a close posse of about dozen.where we do many different things together.
6. I also still have my best friends from High school and cousins that are like sisters.
7. When I was young I had many pen pals and also wrote to about 10 guys who were in the service,if only we had had Face book back then.
8. I have a brother who is 10 years older then me and I married one of his friends, I also have a sister younger and I love her dearly.
9 I have lived in the metro area for over 50 years, but still think of St. Peter, MN. as my home.
10. If you are my friend it is forever, but if I feel betrayed, it is forever before I can get over it.
11. I have a blog, where I can vent.
12. I remember when I was about 6 years old my Mom was taking me to get a perm. I wanted my hair upswept so I could impress the little boy next door...I ended up looking like Shirley Temple and cried for a week.
13. My parents were awesome, but my dad was very strict, he was handsome like John Wayne or maybe even George Raft, he taught me how to drive with the patience of a Saint, he died way to young and left my Mom a widow at 55 , we were very close until her death.
14. I am addicted to TV, watching Boardwalk on HBO..Best series they have ever had
15 I love to read and my most current book is "A Fine Balance" by Rohinton Mistry our Book Club will be discussing later.It makes you appreciate where you were lucky to be born. I loved this book and am ready to reread it,
16. I have season tickets to Orchestra Hall, I love classical music and find it soothing.But I am not limited to it.I like all music especially music from my past, Nat King Cole was THE MAN in my life.
17 I partied hardy in my youth, now I am content to stay home at night, but I still do like my Pinot Grigio
18. I wish I had a rich Aunt who would leave me billions of dollars.I see so many people who need help just to keep their homes and feed their families.
19. I am a Political animal, I even had parties when I was young watching Election returns.my high school friends still mention them.
20. I attended two National Democratic Conventions as a volunteer. 84 for Mondale, San Francisco, 88 for Dukakis , Atlanta I was a National Delegate to two Democratic Convention. one for Clinton in Chicago and one for Gore in LA
21 I have been involved in many organizations over the years, and currently am the President of Brooklyn Center Womens Club, member ship about 125. we take a lot of interesting trips.
22 I am not going to make it to 30 so will leave it blank..maybe Flash knows some thing :)
Friday, November 19, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
It ended today when I woke up to the ground covered with snow and maybe a foot before it ends.
Why do all good things have to come to an end?
My sister spent most of yesterday at the Doctors, her blood was severly low again and she had to have a couple of blood transfusions
I talked to her last night and she seemed to take it in stride, but is worried she won't be able to have her chemo Monday.
Minnesota is in the process of recounting ballots in the Governors race in each county.
Nothing of substance has changed so far.
Unfortunately there will be a hand count anyway early in December, which will cost the tax payers
a lot of money.
So much for the fiscally conservative Republicans who have the right to decline it.
This isn't the same as the Franken/ Coleman recount which was only a 300 + difference.
Mark Dayton the Democrat, leads by over 8000 votes.
I want to be part of the recount team, but they have so many willing volunteers I am not holding my breath.
I am busy today working at my churches Christmas Bazaar..Ugh, Christmas I am not ready for that.
Now this is where I would normally put up a video of happy winter music!
I am not ready for that either.
Friday, November 05, 2010
The wins and losses were localized.
My area Brooklyn Center and some of Brooklyn Park, Democrats won easily, other areas of the state where they were more union and blue collar they" through the bums out".
In one Senate race the republican did nothing more then a couple mailings and beat a popular Senator who worked his ass off.
Remember James Carville's message in 1992, "It's the economy stupid" it was the same this election and Washington ignored it.
Some democrats whined for two years that Obama wasn't liberal enough, maybe he wasn't. But that isn't the way you win elections.
Now Obama and who ever is left better work on jobs or it will be a Holocaust in 2012
What is the worst part of the Republican sweep, we will have to listen to this for the next two years..