I am doing this "meme" for Riot Kitty,
only because I don't have to tag anyone.
Here are the rules.
1. You’ve got to post a link from the person who tagged you.
2. List 8 things that you know about on your chosen subject. You get to choose the subject.
3. You don’t have to tag anyone but you can if you want. If you do, let them know on their blog that they’ve been tagged.
4. List the rules.
I have chosen to update the Senate recount in Minnesota.
Currently we only have one Senator representing us and Amy Klobuchar is doing an excellent job, but I wonder when she sleeps.
Up the roller coaster everyone. then down.
1.On November 4th, 2008 Norm Coleman thought he won the Senate race by 215 votes, he said if he was behind he would have conceded.
2. Minnesota law said Nay, automatic recount followed.
3.Coleman challenged thousands of Franken ballots, the court ruled against him on most of them.
4.Jan. 5th the Election board certifies the recount results that show Franken leading by 225 votes..
5. Remember # 1?
Coleman did not step aside he filed a law suit instead.
6. Republican leaders urge Coleman to continue his fight and delay Franken's seating as long as he can. They make a commercial urging supporters to send money to help with Coleman's court case.
7. March 6th the Minnesota Supreme Court denies Al Frankens petition for a certificate of election. They said a certificate can't be issued until the legal case is over. Al Franken's case is now being presented to the court.
8. Norm Coleman has a press conference and suggests another election should be held and hints he may take case to US Supreme Court
Remember # 1