Thursday, July 24, 2008

Did you know?

Today at my stylist, while I was paging through one of their ancient magazines.
I came upon some little known facts.


15 minutes of reading can help to prevent Alzheimer's .
"Anytime you reinforce the neural connections in the brain that are important for memory you reduce the odds of getting Alzheimer's by up to 37%"

Sleeping one hour extra on weekends will help you to lose weight
"Sleep works by fulfilling the brain's satiety center, so your cravings are reduced "

Spending more time with friends, will help you live longer.
Studies show that unwinding with people you know and trust. even for only an hour or so a month,
helps to erase the negative impacts of stress that age your body faster.

Credit for these facts goes to Laura Damon /Woman's world

Does anyone else have any helpful hints to delay the aging factor?
Quick I don't have a lot of time, another birthday around the horizon.

3 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

Thinking of you and hoping as is well...

Love you!

Riot Kitty said...

I think sarcasm helps us longer...that's my two cents!

Green tea said...

Well Kitty if thats the case I'll live forever..

Sarah Lee..I am fine hope all is well with you and Jen..