Friday, March 14, 2008

No Defense??

Prior to court resuming, the Prosecutor informed us that the defense was going to rest it's case with out any testimony.
The defendant chose not to go on the stand, which was smart, for him anyway, from what we have been told, he isn't the sharpest tack in the box.
I think our Prosecutor would have chewed him up and spit him out
She is brilliant.

I was happy he didn't go on the stand, mainly, because at least this way they weren't going to attack the victim any more then they had already done.

They didn't know her, they didn't know how smart and caring she was,or how much talent she had.
They didn't know her as we did.
They only looked at her as a drug addict, somebody else's problem.
They didn't know the real human heart underneath all that pain.

I just wish there had been testimony about her as a young woman struggling with her depression.
How she was hoping to go back to school and become a nurse before she got hooked on that shit!

I guess there was a reason and I am not second guessing anyone.
I have been so impressed with the young woman assigned to prosecute this case.
She knew from the beginning it would be a toughie and she has done the best she could with the evidence they had.
The County Attorney is a friend and when this is over, I am going to tell him how lucky he is to have this woman on his team.

We will go back on Monday for closing statements, I hope one way or the other that it ends that day.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Gigi,

I have so sorry that your family has to endure this pain. Drugs are so terrible and as a parent of a 7 year old, I just pray that she doesn't get mixed up in that world.

I will be thinking about you this weekend and on Monday. I hope they find the dealer guilty.

What county is this all taking place in?

Mary

Unknown said...

Drugs are so terrible! But your sunshine personality is a respite from this dark reality. :)

Green tea said...

Mary, send me an e-mail address and I'll answer your questions..


gigi@tcq.net

Riot Kitty said...

I hate the "attack the victim" b.s. that goes on in courtrooms, media, etc. It seems to me that female victims fall prey to this more than men.

G, don't doubt your own inner strength and the incredible rock you are for others during this horrible time. Hugs and prayers!! -M

Mary said...

Gigi,

You can send anything to msjoberg.charter.net.

I am praying this week will be one of healing for your family.

Mary