Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Week 4 in Recovery

It has been a hectic couple of weeks and I just haven't had time to visit the blogs.
I also had some Internet down time for a few days, but Techy Flash has taken care of that.
Runningwmn has been picking up Hubba and driving him to work this week.
He really wants to jump into his truck and go it alone, but I told him he had to get rid of the crutch first, I noticed this Morning he limped out the door on a cane.
I can see that my days are numbered.
He did drive my car when we took a trip to our Hometown on Sunday to watch the Drum and Bugle corp competition.
It was a gorgeous day and the Corps were in prime form.
Flash is probably one of the older members of Minnesota Brass, but he managed to fast foot it around the stadium and kept up with the 20 year olds.
The music and performances were awesome.
If you go to Centrisity on my links you can read more about it.
Hubba was a former drum corp member of the St.Peter Govies, after we married
and the babies came he pulled the plug on marching.
It wasn't in his blood the same way it is in his son's.
Flash went right into drum corp after marching band and has probably marched most of his adult life, the lovely Mrs. Flash is a much more patient woman then I am.
Two of my grandsons usually go with him and it was fun to see them there on Sunday.
Neither of them seem to have the urge, right now they are both looking at the military, Air Force and Navy.
School starts in a couple weeks.

Time will tell

I don't have the video of this years show which is superior to last years.
But this is a taste of drum corp.

Minnesota Brass 2008 opener.


4 comments:

Marie said...

I heard the show was fabulous! I gave my tickets to tinkerbell ....

Green tea said...

You missed a good show Diva.. :D
How are the watermelons doing??

Chris said...

That looked fun!! And brought back a lot of memories! Glad your hubby is on the mend.....

Riot Kitty said...

Neat! And happy he is recovering.