Sunday, August 03, 2008

Generation Kill !

Maybe in hindsight I shouldn't have started watching HBO's

Generation Kill"

The book / mini-series is based on Evan Wright riding with Bravo company in Iraq.
The true story of the highly trained Marines of First Recon Battalion; following them through the first 40 day...

Now I'm hooked .
Why is it bothering me now ?

Because I just found out my grandson has been sent to Al Asad Air base in Iraq.
for at least the next 6 months.

He is a Marine Sgt and supposedly that gives him extra privileges.
Well tell that to my brain.
I am afraid that the kid I know stationed over there, won't come back
the same emotionally!!

Watch this little snippet and then tell me I'm crazy..!!


2 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

You're right to be concerned - I work for a mental health advocacy organization and we are just now getting reports on vets coming back from Iraq. I do think as an officer he should have a better time of it, but if you ever want any resources, let me know!

Ms. Junie said...

(((((Gigi))))
I sure wish he weren't going over there either. I will keep him in my prayers.