Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lost in Austen

If you have followed my blog for a while, you may remember that I am a big Jane Austen fan.
It started back in 7th and 8th grade when I discovered Gothic fiction and started reading books by the Bronte sisters.
One day when I was checking out books from the library , the librarian suggested I try Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
It led to a very busy summer of reading .
I am also a fan of Masterpiece Classic and have been watching Charles Dickens "Little Dorrit" which concludes tonight on PBS.
Following it has been a series called Lost in Austen, kind of a
"Through the Looking Glass story" .
Elizabeth Bennett main character from Pride and Prejudice changes places with a reluctant Amanda Price who has been using Jane Austen's books as a
form of tranquilizer to juice up her boring love life.
What has really grabbed my attention in this series, is the actor who plays Mr. Darcy and the incredible resemblance he has to Heath Ledger.
I don't know how long this series is going to be on but I am definitely enjoying a new look at the story.
The scene below doesn't really show the humor of this series just a good look at
Eliot Cowan as Mr. Darcy..what do you think?






3 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

I love Jane Austen, and guess what? My friend had a girls' movie night awhile back and one of her friends SPECIFICALLY brought that series of DVDs so we could watch the Mr. Darcy water scene! Giggle.

Green tea said...

I knew we had a lot in common Kid..

Mr. Darcy is hot, especially when he was played by Colin Firth *grin*

Unknown said...

Green Tea: This was wonderful! Great cinematography, great acting, lots of restraint (which I would find hard to maintain were I the guy) but a GREAT show!