Friday, February 27, 2009

American Idol 2009 - week Two

This weeks American Idol show was a disappointment.
Most of them didn't perform up to their potential
I do think the top 3 , Allison Iraheta, Kris Allen and Adam Lambert
were the best performances of the night.
Leaving behind one of my favorites Kai Kalama. and also Jessie Langseth
kid sister of Johnny Lang.
Jessie's song choice "Betty Davis Eyes" was one of the worst of the night, I never liked that song and groaned when
she said what she was singing.
She is a blues/rock singer that has been very popular in Mpls. clubs.


Because the woman field is weak this year she could make it into the wild card
show.
One last chance for her if she does, but I have my doubts.

Disappointing to me were most of the song choices that were made and I would love to know
who really makes those decisions.
Former contestant Casey Carlson from Mpls. has said she was talked into the
song she sang by The Police in the first week, and it was horrific.
I would love to know what goes on behind the scenes when these
Kids are choosing their songs..

Some of my favorites from Hollywood week didn't make it but I expect to see
several of them in the Wild card show.

The only real competition Danny Gokey has for the moment, is Adam Lambert.
Adam has an awesome voice and no matter what happens he is on his way to Broadway.

I can't wait to hear him sing my favorite Queen song, Bohemian Rhapsody, in the finals.

7 comments:

Green tea said...

Adam reminds me of a young Elvis
I would love to hear him sing
Suspicious Minds and sneer like The King... *smile*

Riot Kitty said...

I am the only person in the US who hasn't seen this show!

Chris said...

I couldn't believe they were eliminating so fast! 3 out each group? Was glad to hear they would have a Wild Card round...was wondering how they were going to justify that! Sitting on the edge of my seat....

Jackie said...

For some reason, none of the singers really grab me yet this year. A couple of my faves are already gone. I agree, the song choice are horrid.
Is it just me, or does Paula seem happier and more together this year? I am not a Paula fan, but good for her.

Chris said...

Jackie...I agree on all points!

Green tea said...

No Kitty you are not the only one who hasn't watched the show.
I have many friends that don't like it.
I feel the same way about Lost..can't watch it.

I think Paula is happy because Simon has someone else (Cara) to pick on and it takes the pressure off of her.

As for the contestants, can't really tell until the final twelve.

Last year I was a Michael Johns fan until Cookie grabbed me.

I really like David Gokey this year.
I hope that isn't a kiss of death.

Shionge said...

We are equally excited over the contestants too GT :)