Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Good Old Days!

Last Saturday Hubba and I drove down to Sheldon Iowa to visit my favorite Auntie Lo,
my dads oldest sister.
Lo turned 95 in June,she is still as sharp as ever though her body isn't.
She was always there for our family, and she was the first one at the Hospital
when we knew dad was dying.
They were very close and in many ways she is still my connection to him.
It is so hard to let go, but I know that day is coming.
I could tell when our visit was ending, she kept dozing off.
Heading back we had made arrangements to spend the night in our hometown, so it was only a 2 1/2 hour drive.
We had also contacted some good friends and told them to meet us at the Legion club.

What an Interesting night it turned out to be

While we sat visiting in the Legion, I noticed some familiar, though old looking, people walking through to the back room.
It wasn't long before one of them yelled my name, and I found out it was a social gathering for my younger sisters class reunion.
She is 1 1/2 years younger then me, but sorry, those guys looked old!!

For the rest of the night I was getting the "Where is Cleo?"questions
I didn't know till the next day that she was out of town at her daughters.

I don't know how many of you go to your class reunions, but I speak from experience.
Go!! So it isn't such a shock when you see the fat bellied athletes or the quite large cheer leaders.

I was very surprised at a past all-school reunion when one of my male friends told me he had a crush on me all through High School.

I am still ticked at him for not saying something back then when I needed it.

But Hey better late then never!!

1 comment:

alan said...

So should I speak up now?

:o)

alan