Sunday, June 26, 2011

Listen

I don't even know where to start with this other then to share some of the thoughts that keep rambling through my brain.

I miss my sister, she died in April after many months of chemo and several trips to the hospital she decided to have hospice at home and died 4 days later The Saturday after Easter we had a very nice send off at her celebration of life.
Many of her old friends and classmates and even an old boyfriend came to share some memories. I know her suffering is over, but it is really hard for the rest of us.

Tuesday night I will attend another celebration of life for a dear friend and my State Senator Linda Scheid, she died after a long battle with ovarian cancer.
She will be missed by our community, she gave so much and asked so little.

I wish that a little more attention would be paid to fighting this horrible disease.
Maybe instead of worrying about who marries who and what woman decides she isn't ready for a baby, the congress could spend a little more of their time and money finding a cure for cancer and other debilitating diseases.

There is so much sadness in this world right now, I keep telling myself things have to get better.



11 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

I am so sorry - what a double-whammy. Let me know if there's anything I can do, send, or anyone I can help you piss off ;)

Unknown said...

I was very saddened to read this news. Please know that you are in my sincere thoughts and prayers.

Green Tea said...

Thanks..just send good vibes and lots of prayers for their families There has been good news too..our priest was battling a rare form of cancer ..stage 4 and he is now in remission..Seems lately I spend a lot of time on Caring Bridge page with friends..But what a great place for people to share their feelings..

Marie said...

It is a wacky world and it always amazes me we worry about who's marry whom and how ... etc. And people are still dying from shit that should have a cure by now. Blows my mind.

Marie said...

and evidently I cannot spell or type ... to much rain ...

Anonymous said...

Celebrating someone's life sounds nice, but it doesn't end the sadness or grief. I think only time can do that. I am sharing so many of your feelings....I really miss my sister, too. The world just doesn't make any sense-or more accurately, people in the world don't make sense.
Thoughts are with you and your family.

yellowdoggranny said...

my heart aches for you..but I can hear her right now...'snap out of it'..do something wonderful in her name..keep her alive that way..i love you..jac

fineartist said...

What a beautiful song, thank you G.

I understand, I let myself feel the pain of my dad's passing the other night. I was moving a table,one that belonged to him and the shelf crashed down on my foot and his ashes slid down on top of my foot and pinned me under the shelf, yep, by the foot. After I slid down and wriggled free, I cried, for a long time, and I let myself feel the pain of missing him, not to wallow in it but to release it and not suppress it. I let lose of some guilt too, guilt because I couldn't make him better.

I tell myself, it's okay to miss them, it's okay to feel the pain, and maybe it heals us some. This life is so rich with light, and dark too, it's a balance, just seems like sometimes the balance is way off.

My spirit sends you, and your family love, light, and peace,
Lori

Chris said...

Sending you wishes for time to grieve, healing for your soul, and only good memories!!

Green Tea said...

It has been a while since I checked this, thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and words..Jacqie Sue . Sis loved your emails and FB posts it kept her smiling..!:)

yellowdoggranny said...

she made me laugh all the time..loved her oneryness..ha