Monday, July 27, 2009

Road Rage !

I am still stressed over an incident that happen last Thursday.
I and a friend were on our way to my daughters for a fundraiser.
We were talking and missed the turn, so I went to the next intersection and turned around.
On our way back I was driving about 30 which I think was the speed limit on that road.
A car came up behind me and hugged my tail most of the way.
I hate that..
When I signaled at least a block away from the turn and slowed down, she whipped around me honked and glared at me and proceeded to hit a car coming across the road and spun it around.
At first I felt gleeful, and we chose not to stop.
Now I feel guilty and wish I had stopped and let the other driver know that she was
not watching the road.

I wish I could quit thinking about it so my Blood Pressure would drop back to normal.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hopefully she was sited for the accident, as it sounds like it was her fault. I know what you mean though....have been in a similar situation. I tapped my brakes on the freeway because of a tailgater...he angrily whipped around me so recklessly that he spun out of control and slid across 5 lanes of traffic...thankfully he didn't hurt anyone!!!! At first I was hoping he would have to change his underwear, but then I couldn't sleep for nights thinking it might have been my fault if anyone had been hurt!!!!!!!

Riot Kitty said...

I hate it when people tailgate for exactly that reason - I'm afraid they won't pay attention and cause accidents. Fuckers. I'm glad it wasn't you that got hit though.

Unknown said...

I agree with Chris and Riot Kitty here Gigi. I've driven in 39 cities and the traffic here in Phoenix is bad. We lead the nation in intersection fatalities. With tailgators, I merely signal to the right lane and keep a steady speed. They usually pass me. Remember, my friend. You're only human. This wil resolve.