Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lazy day !!

Today I got the old bike out and went for my first bike ride of the summer.
I live within a block of a bike path that circles a nature area, a short ride around is 3 miles,
but the path does connect to other paths so it can be as far as you want.
I love it because you see so many different animals and if you don't run into another human you can almost forget you are in the middle of a city.
I also live about 5 miles from a country club where many of the more expensive houses surround the golf course.
I love biking up there, but with high 80's and high humidity coming I'll save that for another day.
Today I cut it short at 5 miles, just a little to hot to go further without water.
I wish I had a pictures to post of the area, maybe I can get one of my techy kids to take some.
Photography is not one of my talents.

I received a call tonight from my friend, who is the State Representative in our area.
She asked me to assist her in laying out her plan for the campaign this summer,
so we can set up a meeting to see how many volunteers we can reign in.
It is not too promising, because of the National and State races, it is hard to get volunteers to work on the local level
they all want to be involved with the big campaigns working parades and festivals but we'll do the best we can.

The rest of my week is going to be busy, I am taking a friend who doesn't drive on some errands tomorrow.
I will try to post as much as I can so keep checking in, meanwhile enjoy these sunny days.

3 comments:

fineartist said...

I need to get my self out on Sam's bike, Lord knows he's not riding it.

You impress the crap out of me G, and make me feel like I need to get up, get out, and do something. So tonight I'm going to swim until my body feels tired and then I'll sleep like a baby.

xx

Riot Kitty said...

Enjoy! And thanks for being a volunteer on the correct side of politics ;)

Jessica said...

I love getting out on my bicycle! It's where I do my best thinking!