Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Baby makes 4 !!

Easter seemed to sneak up on me this year. probably because runningwoman was hosting again.
Makes me feel a little guilty that we only had one daughter because she seems to get all of the holidays.

We already knew that her 3 sons were going to be dads before the end of the year, and figured next Christmas was going to be an experience,
I plan on having Christmas here, but as this crowd grows..we may have to get a hall somewhere in the future.

The first baby due in August, is a sister for our only G G daughter Amalia, and she is tickled pink, for now anyway.
She turns 8 this month and she may not be as thrilled when she finds she isn't the belle of the ball at future gatherings and may have to share her grandma Linda's attention.

The next 2 are due in September and we may not know the gender before then.

I love these family days, no matter what surprises they bring, and this year we got another doozie.

My youngest son showed up and announced he was going to be a grampa, his oldest daughter
had just found out that she was pregnant by her boyfriend who we
thought she had broken up with, it was a dysfunctional relationship.
One thing I have learned through the years is, as much as you would like to, you can't pick mates for your kids.

I guess every red blooded woman likes a bad boy when they are young.

Most of us grow out of it by the time we are in our 20's, usually by then you realize that if they drink to much and get angry when they do..you ain't going to change them.
I always thought it was women with poor self esteem who ended up in these relationships
But if we look at Sandra Bullock we know that isn't the case.
and then you can't always trust the good guys either. ask Elin Woods

Hoping for the best for her.
When I hugged her I reminded her that she doesn't have to get married to have respect, and if she
needs a friendly ear,
I'm here anytime so is her other grandma.


Any stories to share about the bad boys in your past ?

I'm sure Jackie Sue has more then a few. *grin*

2 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

Bad boys...not really. Real assholes? Yes!

fineartist said...

"...can't pick mates for your kids." Yup, and the kids can't pick mates either. Sometimes our pickers are broken.

I married an alcoholic, well he didn't really start out that way, and we kept it together for 22 years. I divorced him and then carried on with him on and off for four more years.

I learn the hard way, what seemed to take me forever, that I can't fix anyone else, and then I set out to fix me. I'm still working on that part.

I think staying with a man who disappoints you, repeatedly, does have to do with self esteem, not seeing other options and maybe a messed up filter. Oh gaa, there are numerous reasons we choose to stay in situations that harm us. Some of us have higher thresholds to pain, or we're just used to things being messed up, I think, and the situation has to get more painful before we decide that it's enough. It sure helps to have a support system of people who love you and will listen. You are providing that for your granddaughter, you are rawking the grandma role sister! Being a grandparent is one of my greatest pleasures, and it sounds like you agree. Hugs you.